Soy meal is the world’s most important vegetable protein feed source accounting for nearly 65 % of World protein feed demand. About 98 percent of soy meal is used as an animal feed ingredient, with the remainder used in human foods such as bakery ingredients and meat substitutes. Soybeans on crushing and solvent extraction yield soy oil at 18% recovery and soy meal. About 85% of the global production is crushed. Indian Oilseed Meal Soybean is considered a premium product because of its high digestibility, high energy content and consistency. Soy meal is the most popular protein meal of the world. producers of soy meal in the world. In US, India, China crop starts arriving from Aug-Sept, while it starts from Jan-Feb in S. America.
The annual global trade in soy meal is around 45-48 million tons. The major exporters are Argentina (19-20 million tons), Brazil (14-15 million tons), USA (4-6 million tons), India (3-4 million tons) and EU (2 million tons).
The major importers are EU (20-22 million tons), Central Europe (3.5 million tons), Thailand (2 million tons), South Korea (1.5 million tons), Indonesia (1.5-2 million tons), Japan (1-1.5 million tons), Philippines (1-1.5 million tons) and Canada (1-1.5 million tons
It is estimated that the total production in 2003 was around 132 million tons. United States (33-35 million tons), China (20-22 million tons), Brazil (20-22 million tons), Argentina (18-21 million tons), India (3-5 million tons) are the major.
1. Weather at all the producing centers, domestic and international. The pod bearing period, being the most crucial.
2. Demand for soy meal from the feed sector and the entire fundamentals of this sector.
3. The area planted, determined by the price of soybean against that of competitive crops, viz., maize, jowar, bajra.
4. International price movement, the futures market at CBOT being the major international reference market.
5. Pests, diseases of soybean; epidemics, infections affecting poultry and cattle have an influence on prices.
6. The crushing margin between meal, oil and seed.
|Kinds:||Protein Min %||Fat Max %||Moisture Max %||Fibre Max %||Sand/Silica Max%|
|Castorseed Meal: Nitrogen Min 4.00% Potash Min 1.00% Phosphorus Min 1.00% Moisture Max 12.00%|